Saturday, February 26, 2011

Get Organized!


Growing Kinders is hosting a link party on Organization.

I would love to be more organized.
My room is never a complete disaster, but I always seem to have papers all
over my desk by the end of the day. I've always wondered how some teachers
do it- their desks are always spotless and can find anything in a blink!

Some of the greatest things I have found to keep my classroom organized are
the right containers. I have a lot of containers for all sorts of things,
but these are what I have found most useful to use all the time in my room.

I had these white cube shelves left over from when I was in college.
I knew I could use them somehow, but they just never seemed right.
Until, I tipped them over and put them on my counter top.
They make wonderful little cubbies.

The little cloth baskets are from the Dollar Store.
They hold a lot and have perfect handles on them to pull them out.
I also use these in my cupboards to store different novels we read.
These baskets have flashcards for students to use, paint supplies,
materials for center games and puzzles.
They are accessible to the students, but look nice and neat!


This little center is perfect for keeping my classroom organized!
There are drawers on the left side that hold protractors, counters,
dice, compasses and math game cards.
There are slots that hold papers that students often need such
as Multiplication Baseball, Mitten Multiplication and AR paper tests.
It's so nice not to have to keep track of where those papers are.
On the right side, all of our paper for Writing Workshop is stored.
It holds a binder that has all of the decorate paper they use is displayed,
then the folders below match the numbers in the binder.
Each shelf is a different color for the folders which makes finding
and putting papers away easy!
The rest of this storage unit holds highlighters, scissors, glue,
extra puzzle papers and many other random things.

I can't wait to read other ideas for organization!

You can also read another post I did on organization on my personal blog here:
Teacher Talk: Organization.

2 comments:

  1. Your room looks great! I love how neat and tidy everything is! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your white shelving...is it perchance from Michael's? I've been eying it for my home, but never thought about it for school! (shame on me!) Thanks for linking up and joining in on the fun!
    Kathleen
    growingkinders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete