Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Lollipop Bucket


Doesn't it just look scrumptious?

I decided to make a lollipop bucket to use as a reward for challenge work this year.
My plan is to have challenge work out that students can choose to work on if they have finished all required work and have extra time.  I wanted to give them an incentive to do a nice job on it and to motivate them to try something a bit well, challenging. :)

I had an extra bucket that I had picked up at Target last year.  I think after Easter when they
were all on sale.  I used a lot of these buckets elsewhere in my room for scissors and glue and what-not, but still had a few left over.
I put Styrofoam in the bucket and then covered it with tin foil to hide it.
And then for the fun part... I stuck lollipop after lollipop into the Styrofoam until it was full!
I used Dum Dum suckers in my lollipop bucket- you can get a ginormous bag of them for a relatively inexpensive price and you can fit a lot of them in a bucket which makes it fun to look at!

My students were eying the bucket last week, but I have yet to introduce the challenge activities.
I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment