Sunday, March 13, 2011

Classroom Tour

I'm linking up to Always First Grade's Link Party.

Welcome to my classroom! Each year I try to do a different theme.
I've done a water, travel and safari theme in the past, but this year I did a western theme!
Yee haw...let the tour begin!
This is the bulletin board outside of my room.
Each cowgirl/cowboy has a lasso with a student's name in it. I'm not going to lie- I would never make those cowboys/girls again, they took me FOREVER!


Our door...come on in!


This paper was my first inspiration to make a western themed classroom.
Martha Stewart- you make everything beautiful.
Too bad I could never find this pad of scrapbook paper again.


The rainbow of locker tags... I heart the turquoise one.


This is not the best picture, but each chair had a bandanna wrapped on the back of it. As you can imagine, the boys had them around their necks in 2.0 seconds the first day, but they did look adorable while they lasted. This was my mom's idea- she is planning my sister's wedding right now and thinks maybe she has spent a little too much time looking at chair covers. :)



Write 'Em Cowboy!

Lasso A Great Book!


Part of our writing center...


Our calendar and schedule area...


Boy and Girl Bathroom Passes...



Mailboxes, our school's theme verse for the year, and colorful book boxes...


Our Book Nook organization area...


Our vocabulary words will go here...right now they just have western words on them.


Our library area... and the huge cowboy boot that is a hit in our classroom.


Our wanted bulletin board. I took pictures of the kids the first day dressed up in a western vest, cowboy hat and bandannas and then printed them in black and white and hung them on the posters. I wish I could show them to you- they turned out so cute!


I love birthdays! And who wouldn't love a birthday hat with their name on it?


Boot Scootin' Behavior Board...
we can only hope that I don't have to use this much this year.


Our job board...



This is above our door. It turned out larger than I had imagined,
but I actually like it that big...it adds some color to our room



Wrangler of the Week...each student gets to bring in pictures to share.
I always start out with a poster about me.
Yes, the large picture in the middle is me when I was in fourth grade.

Oh, how I love decorating my room. I think that is one of my favorite feelings...the feeling you get when your classroom is all decorated...the name tags are perfectly on each desk, the books are all in order, the notebooks are all new, the locker tags are all straight, and everything is in it's proper place just waiting for students to come. Ah! Too bad I have to wait until fall for it to come again. Until then, we will saddle up for the rest of the year...it's going to be a good one!

6 comments:

  1. Omgness! I love it all. I've already planned to do a western theme next year (yes, I'm already thinking of next year!:)) I love all your titles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I love the Celebrate party hats. Very cute.

    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, that is the cutest theme I've ever seen! love all of the bulletin board titles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristina,
    Thanks for joining in the fun! I love your western theme. I especially like your writing center and all the fun colors.

    Mrs. Ibarra
    Always First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great theme...you really incorporated it throughout your classroom well. Thanks for sharing!

    Rhonda :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI! I'm doing a western theme and I would love to know how to make those cute cowboys/girls. Do you have a template I could find? Please direct me to something similar if you were crafty enough to do those yourself!! Thank you! Brenda

    ReplyDelete