Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Teacher Week- Meet the Teacher

This week is Teacher Week over at Blog Hoppin'!

Last year, I participated in Abby's (from Inspired Apple) Teacher Week
and had so much fun meeting teachers and seeing their ideas.
It seems like over the year teacher blogs have popped up like crazy,
so I'm excited to meet some more teachers and discover their blogs.

And yes, today is Tuesday and this post is for yesterday...but I think it'll be okay.

So, here we go-

Tell us a little something about you.

I've been married for 3 years.
We are expecting our first child- a baby boy- in November.


We also have a labradoodle named Winston.
Who is not so little anymore.


How long have you been teaching?
This year will be my sixth year teaching.
Which sounds crazy to me.
All six years, I have taught 4th grade.
And all six year, I have been at the same school.

What are you looking forward to most this year?
I love setting up my classroom. So, I always look forward to that.
I also am excited to see what personalities I will have in my class this year-
every class is just a little bit different!

What do you need to improve?
This year, my goal is to be very organized.
Since I'm planning on having a long term sub in my room,
I want to make sure that she can find everything!
I've spent quite a bit of time this summer going through
cupboards, labeling boxes and tossing things that aren't necessary any more.

What teaching supply can you not live without?
Hmmm, so many little things, but probably
the biggest would be my computer. I have so many
documents and resources on it- I'd be lost with out it!

1 comment:

  1. new follower! :)

    this is my 7th year in 4th grade! :) it's such a fun grade, right?! good luck this year!

    cute blog!

    Megan @ www.theburtonsspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete